1. Home
  2. Retirement villages feedback

Retirement villages feedback

What to do if you have a complaint

Please contact the Village Manager as they are best placed to deal with your issue quickly and efficiently. The Village Manager will investigate and provide ongoing feedback until the matter is resolved.

If the Village Manager is unavailable, please talk to a member of our team who will be available to assist you.

If you are unable to resolve your concerns with the Village Manager, please contact our Village Operations Manager.

Send a complaint regarding a retirement village >

What to do if you need support in raising your complaint or understanding the process

Firstly, please contact the Village Manager who will provide support such as language services. If you need further support in raising your complaint or with understanding the process, there are advocacy services available to assist you.

Bupa follows the complaints process provided for in the Retirement Villages Code of Practice 2008 as prescribed under the Retirement Villages Act 2003.

Should you wish to talk to someone about the complaints process, you can reach out to the Statutory Supervisor, the Ministry of Business Innovation and Environment, the Registrar of Retirement Villages or the Retirement Commissioner.

Contact Statutory Supervisor >

Contact the Registrar of Retirement Villages >

Contact the Retirement Commissioner >

For serious "whistleblower" type complaints that you don’t feel comfortable sending to the Manager

Bupa has a “whistleblower” service that residents and their loved ones can use when they have a serious concern relating to the care or the service we provide (for example, allegations of mistreatment, fraud etc), which they don’t feel comfortable raising with the Village Manager. This service is called “Speak Up” and can be accessed anonymously or by providing your details.

Please use the link below or call 000-911, and at the prompt, dial 855-831-3143 to access Speak Up. All Speak Up complaints are received by an independent company, Navex, before being referred to the appropriate person at Bupa for investigation and appropriate action. Please note that in order to address the complaint, it is likely we will need to involve the Village Manager in some way, but if you have lodged your complaint anonymously, the Village Manager will not have access to your details.

Send complaint to Speak Up >

If you would like your complaint to be decided by the Retirement Commissioner's disputes process 

If we’ve been unable to resolve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, within 20 working days of making your complaint, you may have your complaint determined by a disputes panel process.

See Retirement Commissioner’s website for further information >