As part of our ambition to make quality dental care more accessible, we’ve introduced Bupa Smiles, a dental plan for preventive care. For less than $1 per day (or $30 per month)*, you can access these preventive services:
- 1x full check-up and screening per year
- 2x X-rays per year (if required)
- 2x 45-minute oral hygiene appointments per year.
The cost of the Bupa Smiles plan is 13% less than the average NZ price of the above services**. To see full terms and conditions, visit www.bupasmiles.co.nz/termsandconditions.
Preventive care may enable you to save you money in other ways too. Data from the Ministry of Health suggests that a majority of young adults (ages 18-34) don’t visit the dentist until they have a problem1. Sometimes this can result in needing more extensive and expensive treatment down the road.
When you sign up for Bupa Smiles, you’ll have two options:
- Pay $90 upfront and access your Bupa Smiles plan right away.
- Pay monthly instalments ($30) and access your Bupa Smiles after three months’ payment.
How do I sign up for Bupa Smiles?
- Head to www.bupasmiles.co.nz to find a dental clinic that offers Bupa Smiles.
- Submit your application at the dental clinic you found through the Bupa Smiles website.
- Choose whether you want to pay $90 upfront and access services right away, or pay three monthly instalments before accessing your plan.
- Bupa Smiles payments are direct-debited from your bank account each month.
- Make an appointment with your dental clinic and start accessing your Bupa Smiles services.
For more information, please visit www.bupasmiles.co.nz.
*Services are only accessible after three months of payment. Otherwise, a lump sum of $90 can enable immediate access to services.
**New Zealand Dental Association. 2018 Fee Survey. [Online] 2018 [Accessed June 2018] Available from: www.healthysmiles.org.nz
1 Ministry of Health. Annual Update of Key Results 2015/16: New Zealand Health Survey [Online] 2016 [Accessed June 2018] Available from: minhealthnz.shinyapps.io