- Rest home
- Bupa Short Stay services
Located in the heart of the Mangere East community, David Lange’s caring reputation spreads to the surrounding neighbourhoods of Otahuhu, Mangere, Onehunga and Papatoetoe.
You’ll enjoy the homely feel of the place and being able to spend the day doing exactly what you like to do best. Family and friends are welcome to visit at any time and our outdoor areas are perfect for a chat in the sun. If you like gardening, we even have planter boxes where you can grow your own vegetables.
Features of David Lange:
• Friendly to make you feel at home.
• 24 hour assistance.
• Outdoor spaces to enjoy.
• Space for some quiet time.
• Communal dining room.
You’ll be able to keep yourself busy with regular outings and activities. It’s your choice whether or not you want to take part though, we will always respect your wishes. View times and dates for our upcoming activities.
Regular activities / events at David Lange
|Outings to local parks/shops/libraries||Games||Gardening|
|Special events parties||Pamper spa days||Arts and crafts|
|Exercise||Quizzes||Singing & dancing|
At Bupa David Lange, the Aashirwad wing offers the ﬁrst culturally appropriate care home for South Asian communities in New Zealand.
We embrace and respect traditions and beliefs so you can enjoy all those things just as you did at home.
Aashirwad (meaning: ‘Blessing’). The Aashirwad wing will ensure that whenever possible we provide:
- Caregivers who communicate in the language of our residents and understand cultural values
- Culturally appropriate care and handling
- A selection of food similar to that enjoyed at home
- Visits to places of worship and cultural events
- Participation in the celebration of popular festivals such as Diwali
- Entertainment via popular Indian TV channels and radio stations
- The company of like-minded individuals
David Lange boasts an exceptional audit record with the Ministry of Health. You’ll find their latest results here (pdf, 136kb)
You can arrange a time to visit us by contacting our Care Home Manager Yvonne Klegn on (09) 256 0092 and you're always welcome to drop in and see us during business hours for a chat.
Feel free to visit us:
4 James Street, Mangere East