Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives. In New Zealand we do this by providing care homes, retirement villages, medical alarms, dental and rehabilitation.
We’re extremely proud of the level of care we provide for our residents and boast an excellent record when measured against national standards. Each of our care homes undergoes a regular Ministry of Health audit and we’re always more than happy to share those results with you.
We maintain our excellence by frequently benchmarking the quality of our care, across both staff and locations. Each month we collate all of our incident reports, complaints and compliments, review them and make changes where necessary. Every year we also compare the results of our Resident Satisfaction Survey so that we can take steps to ensure that all our homes and villages are on a par with the best performing ones.
As New Zealand’s largest provider of dementia care, Bupa is committed to shaping New Zealand’s dementia care and ensuring that people living with dementia lead happier lives, for as long as they can. This is why we are exploring what we can do to help to create dementia-friendly communities, as well as helping people living with dementia in care homes. Find out more about Dementia
Bupa's Strategic Framework
Our strategy has three pillars: customers, people, performance. It puts our customers front and centre in the context of today’s digital age.
As a global service organisation, everything we do for our customers relies on our people and partners, so being a place where people love to work is critical to our success. This, combined with disciplined risk and capital management, is how we will deliver strong and sustainable performance around the world.
In addition to our three pillars, we have a number of priorities globally:
- Becoming loved as a true customer champion in health and care. Creating excellent customer experiences and outcomes, delivering value for money, providing exceptional care and helping customers navigate the complex world of healthcare.
- Being a place where our people love working, and love our customers. Engaging and empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers, living our values, in an environment that enables and inspires them, so they are happier and healthier because they work at Bupa.
- Digital transformation and continuous improvement. Focused on improving all aspects of people’s experience – whether they are customers, employees, providers or partners – focusing on making processes easier, driving improvement, pace and connectivity across Bupa internationally.
Our operating approach globally is to:
- Invest in strength and depth, prioritising our existing businesses, with selective expansion into new international markets.
- Win locally, enabled globally, organising to meet the individual and local needs of our customers and partners, whilst leveraging broader global capabilities to support this.
- Be ever-focused on quality, efficiency, safety and compliance, recognising we operate globally in highly sensitive and heavily regulated sectors and need to uphold the highest standards.