Our rehabilitation services are tailored to suit your individual needs. We will guide you through your programme and assist you in re-learning daily living skills and tasks to enable you to live as independently as you can.
In keeping with our Bupa philosophy, our rehabilitation services are holistic. This means we work alongside you and your family/whanau, empowering you as architect of your own life. Our skilled teams encourage, support, educate and plan alongside you, helping you to take control of your rehabilitation.
We offer rehabilitation services in seven locations throughout the North Island:
We focus on rehabilitation goal setting to develop increased independence, improve quality of life and help you re-integrate with your community, where possible.
- To return you to your maximum potential and ultimately back home or into your community, where possible.
- To provide assessment and therapy services in a single seamless rehabilitation process.
- To provide programmes that are goal- and outcome-focused and based on a thorough assessment with specialised therapeutic inputs from our multi-disciplinary clinical teams.
Our on-site facility coordinators ensure the smooth running of your site on a day-to-day basis. Trained rehabilitation coaches provide you with support and supervision 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We provide individually tailored, longer, medium or short-term residential support and/or rehabilitation programmes for people over the age of 16 in the following circumstances:
- Seriously injured people just discharged from hospital with high physical needs.
- Neurological disorders requiring a period of rehabilitation.
- Orthopedic injuries requiring rehabilitation or who are waiting for housing modifications.
- Behavioural problems.
- People who may present with a number of complex medical and physical problems
Our areas of specialty include:
- Active rehabilitation and education.
- Serious injury.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Dual diagnosis and complex needs.
- Chronic pain and its associated disabling effects.
- Management of challenging behaviour.
- Rehabilitation for personal independence.
Our skilled clinical teams include:
Speech language therapists
We are proud of the extensive network of service providers and community groups we work alongside, to provide a comprehensive and integrated rehabilitation service.
We have close links with mental health service providers, addiction services and other community support groups, and we work closely with each person’s general practitioner.
We have over 25 years’ experience working with people with complex injuries and health problems, maximising recovery, managing behavioural issues and helping people be the best they can be.
We pride ourselves on our excellent standard of care, which we maintain by frequent benchmarking of our support and treatments. We also schedule regular facility health checks to ensure we match the auditing standards of the Ministry of Health.
We recently joined the Australasian Rehabilitation Outcome Centre, which enables us to benchmark our services against rehabilitation Centres across Australia and New Zealand. It will also help us to further develop our standards to greater heights and gain international accreditation.
Bupa Rehabilitation is part of the Bupa group of rest homes, hospitals, retirement villages and medical alarms.
Get in touch:
Our staff will be happy to show you around the Bupa Rehabilitation facility that best suits your needs and location and to talk to you about our services.
For any general enquiries please phone or email us.
Back to top